From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Cloudstack 4.0.0-incubating Release, first round
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 13:38:01 GMT

On 11-Oct-2012, at 6:48 PM, Nitin Mehta <Nitin.Mehta@citrix.com> wrote:

> Noah - Agree with you. I think whosoever is voting +1 should explicitly indicate the
extent to which they have tested it as well.

Agree.

Pl. follow the following wikis for building and testing:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Building#Building-ApacheCloudStack4.0
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+4.0+test+procedure

And update them as needed.

Things I tested:
- building oss/nonoss for ubuntu and rhel works.
- installation of oss/nonoss for ubuntu and rhel works.
- upgrades (3.0.2 to 4.0) for rhel and ubuntu on nonoss works.
- basic building, ant debug, deploydb etc. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Building#Building-ApacheCloudStack4.0
- basic zone setup using Xen host

Nonoss patches for 4.0:
http://bhaisaab.org/patches/cloudstack/0001-BUILD-Make-CloudStack-buildable-with-nonoss-libs.patch
http://bhaisaab.org/patches/cloudstack/0002-BUILD-nonoss-libs-for-CloudStack.patch

Regards.

people to state on the list that they followed the tests, and that they were successful. I
have found in the past that people are often happy to +1 a release without testing it, which
defeats the purpose of the vote. Asking for an explicit acknowledgement increases testing.

> If there's anyone reading this who already voted +1, indicating how far through the test
procedure you got would be handy!