From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Solution ?
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 16:13:14 GMT

On 26-Oct-2012, at 8:18 PM, Charles Moulliard <ch007m@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I contact you as I'm a little blocked. CloudStack 4.0 (or also
> 4.1.0-SNAPSHOT) have been installed successfully and new instances can be
> created but I cannot access them from my laptop. Sebastien proposes me a
> hack using nc socket on the DevCloud VM (and NAT) but as I have to open
> additional ports, this seems a bit complex.
> Is there a simple scenario that we can design to allow a machine to access
> cloud instances created within DevCloud VM ?

There is, use host-only adapter, so your vm's running in devcloud and devcloud itself would
be accessible via host.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+devcloud+environment+setup

Changing the network adapter in present devcloud vm may fail, as the mac address and IPs are
tightly bound; hack ~/.bash_history of devcloud to see how exactly it was created and search
old emails on ML :)

I'll try to create a new devcloud ova this weekend with host-only adapter and will share if
I'm successful.

Regards,
Rohit