From Roland Kool <Roland.K...@tomtom.com>
Subject RE: CloudStack vs CloudPlatform
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 09:46:14 GMT
Ok, thanks for the clarification and it's good to know that fixes are not 'lost' when it comes
to Apache version.
I will resubmit the bugs/enhancement requests I entered in bugs.cs.o.

One last question regarding a bug I raised that is resolved (http://bugs.cloudstack.org/browse/CS-15158).
According to the ticket, some commits have been made to git.cloud.com. Is there an easy way
to see whether or not these commits have made to the Apache git as well? I've been following
the git log for a while but haven't seen them come by.

Thanks again,

Best regards,

Roland Kool | Sr. Systems Engineer  | TomTom TechOps |

From: Alex Huang [Alex.Huang@citrix.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 2:34 AM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: CloudStack vs CloudPlatform

Roland,

Apache 4.0 is actually a rollup of all of the features implemented by Citrix in the 3.x branches
+ all changes to make it apache license compatible + new work that breaks out the plugins
+ changes to the build system.  So the current Apache 4.0 release will bring actually bring
CloudStack to feature parity with current CloudPlatform releases.

For bugs, you should submit them to apache.  It will get better visibility there.

We're working to get apache releases ahead of CloudPlatform releases but currently that's
not possible.

--Alex