From Chiradeep Vittal <Chiradeep.Vit...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: [ASFCS40][DISCUSS] How should we move forward to resolution on the config files in "patches"? Was: "Re: [ASFCS40] Configuration file licensing followup"
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2012 00:59:14 GMT

On 9/20/12 7:11 AM, "Chip Childers" <chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:

>On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 5:14 AM, Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> wrote:
>> This is cool, nice to see this data on the wiki. Thanks! Is this
>> list exhaustive?
>
>I believe it is, for the patches folder.
>
>David is currently working his way through a file by file review of
>the rest of the source tree.
>
>I'll keep up with the bugs I just created for all of the patches
>folder files that had unknown provenance, and update the wiki page +
>do the right licensing thing (add header, or attribute source project)
>for those that are easily resolved.  I think we're going to end up
>with a handful of outstanding files that may require legal-discuss
>agreement to include in our source code, but we'll see!

This list of bugs: http://s.apache.org/iIt

I have resolved
CLOUDSTACK-137 - ASL licensed
CLOUDSTACK-138 - ASL licensed

CLOUDSTACK-139 - ASL licensed and needed

CLOUDSTACK-140 - Based on comm. with developer (see CLOUDSTACK-146)

CLOUDSTACK-142 - removed, not used

CLOUDSTACK-143 - removed, not used

CLOUDSTACK-144 - removed, not used

CLOUDSTACK-145 - BSD licensed

CLOUDSTACK-146 - Joe B got release from developer Simon Kelley

CLOUDSTACK-148 - Developed for CS

CLOUDSTACK-157 - Developed for CS

CLOUDSTACK-158 - Developed for CS

CLOUDSTACK-168 - deleted, recreated at run time

CLOUDSTACK-169 - deleted

CLOUDSTACK-170 - deleted

CLOUDSTACK-171 - rewritten

CLOUDSTACK-172 - developed for CS

CLOUDSTACK-173 - developed for CS67

CLOUDSTACK-174 - deleted

CLOUDSTACK-175 - updated based on suggestion in bug report

I also removed references to these files from pom.xml so that RAT checks
them.
But perhaps I should not have for those that we retain since we are not
likely to license headers on them

Sheng Yang has resolved
CLOUDSTACK-159 - rewritten
CLOUDSTACK-160 - developed for CS

CLOUDSTACK-161 - developed for CS

CLOUDSTACK-162 - developed for CS

CLOUDSTACK-163 - developed for CS

CLOUDSTACK-164 - developed for CS

CLOUDSTACK-165 - developed for CS

CLOUDSTACK-166 - "just modified some key value assignments of the sample
config" ?

CLOUDSTACK-167 - developed for CS

I am unable to resolve
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-147.
Perhaps we need a cleanroom implementation or an exception.
CLOUDSTACK-147 is the only one in "Unresolved" state

Cheers
--
Chiradeep