From Murali Reddy <Murali.Re...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: combining vmware-base and plugin/hypervisor/vmware?
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2012 12:06:53 GMT
On 11/09/12 7:25 PM, "Hugo Trippaers" <HTrippaers@schubergphilis.com>
wrote:

>Hey Murali,
>
>If that is the case, should the Premium storage class not be in
>vmware-base? It is now in the plugin, so the plugin needs to be installed
>in the system vm for vmware support to work anyway?
>
>Cheers,
>
>Hugo

No, I think premium storage class could be a separate Jar. Ideally we
would should have a way for plugin's to tell what component/jar's should
go in to management server and system VM's. Right now there is single
plugin that is packaged into both server and system VM.

Vmware-base is just convenience library which does not have CloudStack
functionality. My only concern is if that is merged into Vmware-plugin,
over the time, it get coupled with the hypervisor specific code.