From Murali Reddy <Murali.Re...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: combining vmware-base and plugin/hypervisor/vmware?
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 10:25:25 GMT
On 11/09/12 1:18 PM, "Hugo Trippaers" <HTrippaers@schubergphilis.com>
wrote:

>Hey Chip,
>
>Good point, but by looking at the code it seems the other way around.
>Most of the generic stuff is inside the plugin (including parts of the
>code for the cisco nexus integration and the vmware version of the SSVM)
>and in particular the hypervisor code is in the vmware-base.
>
>For now I think it is more clear if we combine everything in the vmware
>plugin directory, should there be a need we can always separate the
>interface. For now I think it's unlikely that something is done via the
>vmware api that is not directly related to the vmware hypervisor (or used
>by peeps that don't use the vmware hypervisor).
>
>Cheers,
>
>Hugo

When I initially moved vmware into a plug-in, I left vmware-base as
independently buildable jar, so that it can packaged to systemvm.iso and
management server separately. SSVM (which gets vmware version of secondary
storage resource from systemvm.iso) just need vmware-base, not complete
vmware plug-in.

How about moving vmware-base stuff into plugin/hypervisor/vmware folder
but still retain project & jar for it? So if need arises its easy to move
it out.