From Chiradeep Vittal <Chiradeep.Vit...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: conserve mode for network offering
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2012 17:01:07 GMT
The 'conserve' mode dictates whether each service (LB/VPN/PF/etc) requires
its own public ip address or whether many services can share the same
public ip address.
For network offerings where different services are offered by different
devices, obviously the public ip addresses cannot be shared.
For network offerings purely supported by the VR, the public IP can be
shared, but then there are possibilities of rule conflicts (PF rule can
conflict with LB rule or FW rule). Also, it rules out upgrade of network
offering to an offering with per-service devices