From Marcus Sorensen <shadow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: advice: trying to fix secondary/iso nfs storage on KVM
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 20:31:52 GMT
I also notice that LibvirtComputingResource calls getStoragePoolByURI

getStoragePoolByURI calls getStoragePoolByUri per KVMStoragePoolManager.java

in LibvirtStorageAdaptor there exists both getStoragePoolByUri and
getStoragePoolbyURI. The latter looks like it generates a UUID based
on the host/path of the secondary storage, and creates a storage pool
based on it if needed.  So I'm wondering if we are just calling the
wrong one, although this is called many times in
LibvirtComputingResource so perhaps we intend both behaviors at
certain points.

To recap:

getStoragePoolByUri  will always try to create a new nfs pool with a random UUID

getStoragePoolbyURI attempts to generate a UUID from the
sourcehost/path and uses that (static UUID)