From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject [DOCS] [l10n] Thoughs, suggestions, guidelines for docs going forward.
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 06:09:49 GMT
Hi folks,

Given our relatively large number of XML files for documentation
(~350) and the resulting large number of POT files generated to handle
l10n, I spent a few hours working on automating the process by which
files are submitted to transifex.

There is now a docs/.tx/config file in the repo - and this contains an
entry for every XML file in our documentation. So first guideline is
that if you add a new file you should be adding a file listing to
docs/.tx/config so that it can be localized. With 350+ resources to
localize it will be easy to miss.

Second - all XML files should have some translatable string - a file
full of includes (meta-file perhaps) breaks this process as there are
no strings.

Finally - please try to limit filenames to less than 50 characters as
transifex complains loudly and fails to process

I have also added some documentation in docs/README.txt for pushing up
and pulling down translated resources.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

--David