From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject test lifecycle
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 20:16:54 GMT
Hi folks,

I am thinking about making some changes to jenkins and figured I'd
toss it up here before I do it to make sure no one disagrees.

Here's my frustration: We are getting spammed by lots of jenkins
notices, many needlessly.

Prime example: junit failures when the build also failed. IMO we
shouldn't even try running the unit tests as there is an explicit
dependency to compile and we 'know' it won't build.

So I'd run build-$branch on each commit - if successful it would
trigger build-marvin, build-docs, build-apidocs, and junit. If junit
succeeds build packages (though eventually we probably want to
run-marvin first, but for the moment)

Thoughts, comments, flames?

--David