From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: Review Request: fix kvm traffic labels (guest traffic types on multiple networks don't work)
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 23:34:13 GMT
On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 7:24 PM, Marcus Sorensen <shadowsor@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've got a fix for this, but there is still an issue where upgrades won't work. Say a
user has two hosts, host1 with a cloudVirBr1201 and host2 with no bridges. If we upgrade both
hosts to this version, then attempt to live migrate a guest from host1 to host2, the migration
will fail because it expects the same bridge name. In KVM this is handled by libvirt, so not
possible to pass a new name.

> Not sure what to do about that or at what level the switchover becomes acceptable.

Live migration should only happen with hosts in the same cluster, and
there is the expectation of network homogeneity within hosts in a
cluster, so I don't think this is a problem - or at least we assume
that the situation causing the problem won't be present.

--David