From Jessica Tomechak <jessica.tomec...@gmail.com>
Subject [DOCS] Using DITA vs. Docbook for documentation?
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 18:59:01 GMT
Recently someone from the docs world asked me why we are using Docbook +
Publican for our documentation, rather than DITA. I gave a reasonable
reply, but in the end, I thought it would be worth bringing the topic up
here. For the record, I'm not proposing or advocating anything. Just
looking for the community temperature.

Some benefits listed by this DITA advocate I was speaking with:

Simpler tagging than Docbook

It’s open source, has open source community developing useful plugins, such
as latest webhelp output

Can create several different website outputs

Please discuss!

Jessica T.
CloudStack Tech Pubs