From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: git commit: Worked around a Whisker bug for the LICENSE file.
Date Sun, 30 Sep 2012 14:58:40 GMT
The copyright symbols seem to be causing encoding issues. We can drop them
if that is a concern. (Copyright law treats "Copyright" and "(C)"
identically. You only need one, not both. And by "(C)" I mean the copyright
symbol. A "C" in parenthesis means nothing. Amusingly enough.)

Also, putting year ranges in the copyright statements is meaningless. We
should pick the latest year of release at the time the code was imported.

So, for example:

Copyright 2012, The Apache Software Foundation

Instead of:

Copyright © 2004-2012 The Apache Software Foundation

(Anyway. This is just an my personal opinion and not an Apache policy
thing. Feel free to ignore me!)

--
NS