From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: Review Request: Set correct version for database version check
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 08:22:49 GMT
On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 6:25 AM, David Nalley <david@gnsa.us> wrote:

> I agree - there are also practical problems from a packaging perspecting.
> 4.0.0.5 is version 4.0.0.5 - but 4.0.0-5 is version 4.0.0 release 5.
> Plus we've agreed previously on a versioning strategy of n.y.z

You have to be exceptionally careful here. 4.0.0-5 is only "release" 5 if
you have voted on it. Perhaps you mean build 5?

I am presuming that anything with a build number will never be voted on,
and will never be in release?

Is the versioning scheme documented anywhere? This came up on another
thread, and I suggested Semantic Versioning, and someone chimed in with
support of that.

Thanks,

--
NS