From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] [ASFCS40] Maven repo as part of the release?
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2012 03:18:55 GMT
Hi all,

In looking at the mechanics of the ASF release process, I see that
there is an opportunity to publish the release on the
https://repository.apache.org/ site.  I do see that we have a SNAPSHOT
version currently being published, but I'm not enough of a Maven
person to understand if we have configured the poms to be able to
release into that repo.

So the question for the group is 2 parts:

1) Do we want to release into the maven repo as part of 4.0?

2) Can someone with more Maven chops comment on the changes that might
be required to do this?

For reference, here's the ASF page describing this type of binary
artifact release:
http://apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html

-chip