From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [ASF BUILD] system VM installation problem
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 14:57:23 GMT
On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 5:31 AM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@citrix.com> wrote:

> On 24-Sep-2012, at 2:44 PM, Wido den Hollander <wido@widodh.nl> wrote:
>
>> On 09/24/2012 10:01 AM, Rohit Yadav wrote:
>>> +cloudstack-dev mailing list
>>>
>>> Okay I'm on it: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-189
>>>
>>> I had a discussion with Hugo/Spark404 on IRC. Recent commits on cloud.spec and
debian/control have changed install prefix for scripts from agent/scripts to common/ in /usr/lib/cloud/.
Same for vm/systemvm.iso and vm/systemvm.zip to cloud/common.

>>> A quick solution we discussed included symlinking to have backward compatibility.
There are hardcoded paths in some places. Discuss, keep them in cloud/common or revert to
old paths, or symlink (which is a quick solution I'll be posting)?

>> I'd opt for symlinking. A couple of these scripts/files are needed on
>> the management server and it seems odd to have a directory called
>> /usr/lib/cloud/agent on a management server.
>>
>> The symlinking can be fixed with a postinst on the correct package.
>
> +1
> Let's vote?

I don't think a vote is called for.  Consensus (plus the fact that
Wido already did it) should be enough.

>> Wido
>>
>>> @Alex: Please review and apply patch on 4.0, so Jenkins can start building rpms
with path prefix fixed.
>>> Patch and review: https://reviews.apache.org/r/7218/
>>>
>>> Everyone is requested including committers to post any build related changed
to get though review board or through some discussion on ML.

>>> @QA: Please post all the build, QA problems on ASF ML so everyone can chip in.

Purushothama; Sowmya Krishnan; Edison Su; Suresh Sadhu

command /usr/lib64/cloud/agent/scripts/storage/secondary/cloud-install-sys-tmplt -m /mnt/secondary
-u http://10.147.28.6/templates/acton/acton-systemvm-02062012.vhd.bz2 -h xenserver -F

 No such file or directory