From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: List of New Features in 4.0
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2012 18:31:45 GMT
Moved to the dev list:

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 2:22 PM, Vijay Venkatachalam
<Vijay.Venkatachalam@citrix.com> wrote:
> For Autoscale feature, the re-licensing of NetScaler SDK Jar is held up in the Citrix
legal :-( , and meanwhile, can I send patches with the latest NetScaler jar files
> (still without the new license) to the autoscale branch alone (not master)?  We have
about 10 pending patches waiting for inclusion.

There are 2 issues with that.

First, we are moving ALL jar / mar / war files out of the code repo,
so please don't try to put one back in (even on a branch).

The second issue is that we should not be moving backwards on the
state of our licensing compliance.  If the NetScaler jar is still a
non-Apache 2 compatible license (per ASF standards on this), then it
needs to be thought of as an optional build target.  We need to be
able have an optional build flag to include it after the user
downloads the file manually somehow (probably the same way we do
others like this:  install-non-oss.sh ).

-chip

> I haven't checked the 4.0 code, but it seems that all NetScaler support is removed from
4.0 master (besides autoscale), Am I right here? Is this pending the NetScaler SDK jar re-licensing?