From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: Establishing Best Practices
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 13:15:14 GMT
On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 11:18 PM, Kelceydamage@bbits <kelcey@bbits.ca> wrote:
> I would like to get together with all the other Architects, and OPs agents, and start
to build some established best practices for builds.

> A way of engaging users in the process of using established convention in production
builds, and providing guidelines to assist new users in preferred and tested methodologies
for implementation.

> I think due to the sandbox nature of an IaaS platform, it can be overwhelming to many
people when faced with the decisions of how to build and run an ACS environment.

> Many of us senior users have stable builds in production, and can share our knowledge
relating to the choices we made and most importantly, the 'why'.

> Anyways, this is just a wireframe for the  idea.
>
> I would love to hear feedback.
>
> Sent from my iPhone

This sounds like a GREAT idea Kelcey.  Can I also suggest that you
bring this up on the cloudstack-users@i.a.o list?  You might find more
folks on that list that could be helpful!

Perhaps this can be a section of the wiki, so that it's available for
editing as the best practices are refined?

-chip