From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject [ASFCS40] Release Candidate Staged on people.a.o
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 17:05:21 GMT
All,

First, a huge thanks to everyone that worked on the build issues
recently!  Edison, Wido, Hugo, others...  I don't mean to ignore any
contribution here!

Edison got the build process working on http://jenkins.cloudstack.org/
for the binary distributions.  I copied his original job, and created
build-cloudstack-4.0-rhel6.3 and build-cloudstack-4.0-ubuntu12.04.
These jobs are set to run manually right now.

Although we certainly are not ready to call this an official release,
I've posted our first signed sample build to
http://people.apache.org/~chipchilders/cloudstack/4.0/  I would
suggest that we use these copies as the current *for test* release
candidate, since we're also hoping to be testing the overall build and
release process along with the code itself.  REMINDER: This is not an
official project release.

The process I used was:

1 - Run the two binary build jobs on jenkins, and download the produced tarballs
2 - Rename the files to
apache-cloudstack-4.0.0.RC1-incubating-ubuntu12.04.tar.gz and
apache-cloudstack-4.0.0.RC1-incubating-rhel6.3.tar.gz respectively (to
fit our naming convention)
3 - Ran tools/build/build_asf.sh -v 4.0.0.RC1 -b 4.0
4 - Copy the previously downloaded artifacts from jenkins to by build
target folder (for me, it's ~/cs-asf-build)
5 - Generate the asc, md5 and sha files for the two binary artifacts
6 - scp'ed all of the files to my p.a.o public_html folder

Honestly, the longest part of the process is waiting for the scp to
p.a.o to complete (second longest is waiting for the jenkins jobs to
complete).  However, I can go through this process on a schedule if we
want to.  What days and times would everyone like to see the full
process get run through?

-chip