From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: Jira lives!
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2012 15:17:07 GMT
On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 12:40 AM, David Nalley <david@gnsa.us> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 12:13 AM, Ram Chinta <ram.chinta@citrix.com> wrote:
>> David,
>> What's the plan for the tickets from the jira instance at bugs.cloudstack.com? Will
they continue to live there or are there plans to migrate them to the Apache one.

>> Ram
>

> Ram:
>
> I have a snapshot of the database and attachments that is almost a
> month old at this point. My plan is to eventually get that clean
> (meaning we'll move around 10,000 bugs of the current 16,000 to the
> ASF instance. There is still significant amounts of work involved. (we
> have to match the version that ASF infra is on for things to work
> successfully, and we have to attempt it on the jira-test instance that
> the ASF maintains) I don't even plan to attempt this until after 4.0.0
> is out the door.
>
> The existing site that is bugs.cs.o will go away in the very near
> future, but I have no timeline on that as it has to be picked up by
> someone in Citrix Cloud Platform team.
>
> --David

Citrix team,

I hope that you are willing to keep bugs.cs.o online (read only
perhaps) for the near-term.  I have several developers that SG will be
sponsoring coming into the project shortly, and working on lower
priority bugs is usually the best way to learn about the code itself.

We will be following the same process that Will outlined - duplicate
the bugs.cs.o within issues.a.o once work starts on an issue.

If it does go read-only, we will need someone within Citrix to be
willing to close out bugs that get copied / resolved in the a.o Jira
instance.

-chip