From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: Jenkins now running RAT reports on commits
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 12:57:51 GMT
On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 4:20 PM, David Nalley <david@gnsa.us> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 4:19 PM, Chip Childers
> <chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:
>> I added a jenkins job (with no email notifications for now) that will
>> provide a RAT report on each commit.
>>
>> http://jenkins.cloudstack.org/job/verify-licensing-master/
>>
>> I'm going to tune the root pom.xml file's configuration to get the
>> exceptions established correctly, (and resolve some remaining obvious
>> issues), and then drop the acceptable number of licensing issues down
>> to 0.  IMO, we should have no licensing problems, outside of "known
>> exceptions".
>>
>> Any objections to be enabling email notifications once we have the
>> results and configuration stabilized?  I personally think that it's
>> critical to see when someone accidentally commits a new source file,
>> but omits the proper license header.
>
> Agreed - better to catch it early and deal with it than have to audit
> all of this again.
>
> --David

The build is running now, and will email
cloudstack-commits@incubator.apache.org on failures (as well as the
individuals that committed the incorrectly licensed artifacts).

To test the licensing check locally, run:  mvn
--projects='org.apache.cloudstack:cloudstack'
org.apache.rat:apache-rat-plugin:0.8:check

To add an exception to the rat plugin's configuration (to skip a file
or set of files), edit the root pom.xml file's excludes list for the
plugin.

-chip