incubator-cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Alex Huang <Alex.Hu...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [AFSCS40] Release status for CS 4.0
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 19:08:56 GMT
Ram,

I see a lot of recent checkins on autoscaling so if code is completely checked into master,
it should go into 4.1 automatically.

--Alex

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Ram Ganesh [mailto:Ram.Ganesh@citrix.com]
> Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 10:48 PM
> To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org; cloudstack-
> dev@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: RE: [AFSCS40] Release status for CS 4.0
> 
> Alex,
> 
> For AutoScaling is there a process we should follow to bring the feature into
> 4.1 release apart from the usual reviews/unit-tests?
> 
> Thanks,
> Ram
> 
> 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Alex Huang [mailto:Alex.Huang@citrix.com]
> > Sent: 25 September 2012 07:57
> > To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
> > Cc: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
> > Subject: [AFSCS40] Release status for CS 4.0
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I've been reminded that I've neglected to update the community on the
> > current status for CloudStack 4.0.  I apologize for that oversight.
> > From now til the actual release, I will give a daily update on the
> > status.  If you feel anything is missing, please let me know and I'll
> > try to include them on the next update.
> >
> > Summary
> > As of 9/24/2012, CloudStack 4.0 release has past code freeze stage
> > (over three weeks ago).  A source code branch has been forked and is
> > called 4.0.  Nightly build is running on Jenkins on the 4.0 build.
> >
> > Feature List
> > There are two features that missed the 4.0 release.  Auto-Scaling and
> > Brocade Plugin.  Both are due to having significant code changes due
> > past the code freeze date.
> >
> > Code Readiness
> > - There are ~5 code related reviews on the review board scheduled for
> > 4.0.  Most of them are waiting for review and commit.
> > - There are <10 bugs on Jira for the first cut of the release.
> > - Upgrade from previous versions is currently being worked on.
> > Scheduled to be done by the end of the week.
> >
> > License Readiness
> > - Majority of the VM configuration issues have been resolved.  There
> > is one remaining wrt rsyslog.conf.  Thanks to Chiradeep and Chip.
> > - Technology export issues are still be worked on by David Nalley and
> > AFS legal.  This may be a blocking issue.
> > - Licenses need auditing.
> >
> > Doc Readiness
> > The current plan for docs is to write an INSTALL.TXT to give
> > instructions on how to install from source.  All docs will be
> > generated to a living document that continues to improve past the
> > release.  The link to this living document is to be determined.
> >
> > TODO:  Docs need help on the new features in the 4.0 release.
> > Specifically we need help with Niciria Integration and Caringo
> > documentation.
> >
> > QA Status
> > QA is proceeding through the test cycle.  It is currently at 45% of
> > completion.  The number of bugs generated from the tests have been
> > minimum so the quality of the release currently looks pretty good.
> >
> > Release Plan
> > - The current plan is for QA to complete its test cycle between 9/26-
> > 9/28.
> > - When QA decides the test cycle is read, we will cut a RC1 release.
> > - We are currently pushing to clear bugs generated from the test cycle
> > asap.
> > - After all P1 and P2 bugs are cleared, 4.0 release will be submitted
> > for approval to announce.
> >
> > --Alex


Mime
View raw message