From Donal Lafferty <donal.laffe...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Github integration
Date Sat, 29 Sep 2012 14:50:31 GMT
Hi Noah,

You raise an interesting point about trademarks.  Are virtual paths in github repos considered
a mark of authenticity?  If we go by mere name matching, I see a possibility .  However, Apache
itself establishes a different mark of authenticity by placing 'apache' at the root of their
virtual path.  AFAIK, UK courts expect the average consumer to be able to grasp these subtleties.
 I expect this is because they don't like impediments to commerce.  Also, they'll have to
take a narrow view of trademark to avoid overlapping claims from github itself.

WRT emails for all GIT pulls, wouldn't broadcasting pull requests clutter the dev mailing
list?

DL