From Prachi Damle <Prachi.Da...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: RPM build fixed (maven-waf branch)
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2012 21:04:01 GMT
The aar files contain the wsdl file and the services.xml file because the build script includes
them specifically while building the aar.

I don't know if these are a must have files in aar. I will remove and check if things work.

-Prachi
-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 1:57 PM
To: Hugo Trippaers
Cc: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org; Prachi Damle
Subject: Re: RPM build fixed (maven-waf branch)

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 4:44 PM, Hugo Trippaers <HTrippaers@schubergphilis.com> wrote:
> Chip,
>
> That makes more sense and less work :-). I think i have the maven part done now. The
only thing i'm curious about is the mar and aar files. They seem to contain the wsdl files
as well. I now nothing about axis2 so no idea what is needed to get awaapi to work right.

Might need some help from the folks that have worked on it in the past ;)

IIRC, aar files are the result of an axis build.  I don't see any of them in the source tree
though...  do you?

The only mar files I see are the modules/rahas-1.5.mar and modules/rampart-1.5.mar, which
I think are basically dependency files.
 I did a quick search on maven central, and I think the ones we need are there:

http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Crahas
http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Crampart

Can we make them pull from the mvn central and get them out of the source tree?

> Cheers,
>
> Hugo
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 5 sep. 2012, at 21:43, "Chip Childers" <chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 6:40 AM, Hugo Trippaers
>> <HTrippaers@schubergphilis.com> wrote:
>>> Hey Rajesh,
>>>
>>> As far as I understand (and please correct me if I'm wrong) awsapi consists of
three parts. The generated code for ec2, the generated code for s3 and "our" code. I would
like to split this in three subprojects for maven. Two using the maven axis2 plugins to generate
the classes and a third that uses the output from the first two (the .mar and .aar files)
and makes the webapp by adding "our" code.