From Prachi Damle <Prachi.Da...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: RPM build fixed (maven-waf branch)
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2012 21:00:36 GMT
Chip,

I had removed the WSDL files earlier - will check out if awsapi can work without the 2 more
files you mentioned below.
If the generated code can be carried along, I believe we should be good without these. Will
update soon.

-Prachi

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 12:44 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org; HTrippaers@schubergphilis.com; Prachi Damle
Subject: Re: RPM build fixed (maven-waf branch)

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 6:40 AM, Hugo Trippaers <HTrippaers@schubergphilis.com> wrote:
> Hey Rajesh,
>
> As far as I understand (and please correct me if I'm wrong) awsapi consists of three
parts. The generated code for ec2, the generated code for s3 and "our" code. I would like
to split this in three subprojects for maven. Two using the maven axis2 plugins to generate
the classes and a third that uses the output from the first two (the .mar and .aar files)
and makes the webapp by adding "our" code.

> Does that make sense?

Hugo,

I think we were trying to get the WSDL files out of the source tree.
Prachi did some work on this initially, but two files still remain.  I believe that without
a clear license for the WSDL files, we might need to remove them from the tree.  Given that,
the generated classes can stay (and be licensed by ASF).  If that's the case, then this really
only needs to be one maven project.  Does that make sense?

The files in question are:

    incubator-cloudstack/awsapi/resource/AmazonEC2/AmazonEC2.wsdl
    incubator-cloudstack/awsapi/resource/AmazonEC2/services.xml

Prachi - I'm not sure that you were able to come back around to my previous questions about
this, but do you think we can remove them as well?

Rajesh, perhaps you know the answer?

-chip