From Sudha Ponnaganti <sudha.ponnaga...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [ASFCS40] QA Scrum Meeting Minutes - 09/13/2012
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 20:03:06 GMT
Jenkins job should be fine

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2012 12:58 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [ASFCS40] QA Scrum Meeting Minutes - 09/13/2012

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 1:52 AM, Sudha Ponnaganti <sudha.ponnaganti@citrix.com> wrote:
> Operational Test Plan -
> https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/asf-cs-40-qa.html
> Test Execution Reports -
> https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/asf-cs-40-test-execution.html
>

> General:
> -       non-OSS components deployment need to be streamlined right away - validation
is starting and team would use manual procedure for time being

Should we setup a jenkins job that builds the non-oss packages?  As it stands right now, the
ASF release is going to be source only...
defaulting to the oss-only build.  However, Wido has noted that he's going to be posting both
OSS and non-OSS builds on his repo for the convenience of the community.  It only stands to
reason that we would want the same thing for the jenkins jobs.

Thoughts?

> -       There are around 31 fixed issues and team can close the blockers which they have
already evaluated
> -       Some team members may be able to finish early so additional topics can be taken
up
> -              Engaging couple of members to do some adhoc testing
> -              This is open to community as well if anyone is interested, will send GTM
invite

> Installation/upgrade:
> -       Quick install will be added to the test plan - Abhinav
> -       Blocked issues are fixed - will make progress for fresh install on Ubuntu and
upgrade

> Management Server:
> -       Made good progress with dashboard and projects (70% +). Picking up generic UI,
accounts and domains next
> -       Clustered mgmt. server testing will be taken up by Angie next week
> -       Storage migration validation in progress today ( storage testing will be taken
up next week)

> Networking:
> -       Static NAT and Source NAT validation in progress
> -       Similarly DomR, Guest Network, Shared Network validation has started and picking
up
> -       Testing in general is a little behind schedule - test case targeting is finished
and will pick it up next week

> Hypervisors and Guest OS:
> -       Made 70% + progress in validation of Snapshot Mgmt., templates/ISOs and volumes
> -       Basic concepts of zones, pods, clusters, hosts are also done around same %age
>
> Additional topics listed in TP:
> -       Looking for community participation in those areas.
>
> Will post MoM/ Metrics on ASF Wiki going forward

However Abhinav  will try and log a blocking issue to get that process started with development

> c.       Once official builds are available, will certify the builds
>
> 2.       Management Server
>
> a.       Execution is in progress. Minor issue related to projects is logged
>
> 3.       Networking
>
> a.       Execution is in  progress
>
> b.      Chandan is targeting test cases - Need to finish by tomorrow and execution is
yet to start - installations done

> c.       Couple of defects logged by sadhu and those are assigned
>
> 4.       Hypervisors and Guest OS
>
> a.       Execution is in progress - Minor functional issue related to snapshots is logged.
No blockers for execution