From Sudha Ponnaganti <sudha.ponnaga...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Query regarding upgrades from CloudStack 3.0.2 to ASF 4.0
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 19:48:46 GMT
Abhinav,

OS upgrade is vendor specific and I don't think you need to worry about it.

Thanks
/Sudha

From: Abhinav Roy
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 12:46 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: Sudha Ponnaganti; Ram Chinta; Chandan Purushothama; Suresh Sadhu; Shweta Agarwal; Sowmya
Krishnan; Sailaja Mada; Prashant Kumar Mishra
Subject: Query regarding upgrades from CloudStack 3.0.2 to ASF 4.0

Hi,

We are supposed to test upgrades from 3.0.2 to ASF 4.0 and here are the supported OS versions
for the two releases

CloudStack 3.0.2 :-  Rhel/CentOS 6.2 , Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
ASF 4.0 :- we are testing on the latest supported OS versions Rhel/CentOS 6.3, Ubuntu 12.04.

So are we supposed to install CS 3.0.2 on Rhel/CentOS 6.2 /Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and then simply
upgrade to ASF 4.0 or do we have some other way of doing it to test the upgrade on the latest
OS versions?
Please guide me on this.

Thanks and regards,
Abhinav