From Sudha Ponnaganti <sudha.ponnaga...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [ASFCS40] Release Candidate Staged on people.a.o
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 20:28:01 GMT
Chip,

Ok! I thought you are automatically scheduling so asked for that time.  Would it be okay for
you to do builds at the end of your day instead of mornings?
Reason is that most recent fixes will be included in the latest builds and team would be picking
those up in IST time zone.    Three times a week is fine for now.

What is the ETA for official builds?? Edison??
Install and upgrade need to be tested as well

Thanks
/Sudha

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2012 11:53 AM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [ASFCS40] Release Candidate Staged on people.a.o

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 2:45 PM, Sudha Ponnaganti <sudha.ponnaganti@citrix.com> wrote:
> Thanks Chip!
>
> If there are no objections would like to see the build happening by 6:00 AM IST daily.
> Once official build is ready, this schedule can be replaced with
> official builds

So I'm in US Eastern time, and it requires me to do this manually...
daily and at that time won't work.  Monday, Wed, Friday in the morning ET would be fine.

I would propose a slightly different approach, given your desire for daily builds.  How about
I schedule the jenkins builds to provide the nightly RPM and DEB package builds from the 4.0
branch.  This is not the same thing as a signed package, but I assume that your focus is on
the feature / function / performance of the software itself.  Am I correct about this?

-chip