From Shanker Balan <m...@shankerbalan.net>
Subject Re: Missing Ubuntu Pkg dependency for libtcnative-1
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2012 09:03:46 GMT
On 27-Sep-2012, at 10:36 AM, Shanker Balan <mail@shankerbalan.net> wrote:

> On 27-Sep-2012, at 12:35 AM, Wido den Hollander <wido@widodh.nl> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 09/26/2012 05:31 PM, Shanker Balan wrote:
>>> Hi Wido/CS Packaging Team,
>>>
>>> Thanks for taking the effort to package up CS and hosting the repo at http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu.
>>>
>>> I did a clean install of cloud-client on Ubuntu 12.04 Precise a few moments ago
only to run into the follow error while starting cloud-management server:

>>> catalina.2012-09-26.log:INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which
allows optimal performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.path:
/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0-openjdk-amd64//jre/lib/amd64/server:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0-openjdk-amd64//jre/lib/amd64:/usr/java/packages/lib/amd64:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/jni:/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:/usr/lib/jni:/lib:/usr/lib

>> That is not an error, it's an informational message :)
>>
>> I installed this library a couple of weeks ago on my Management Server and it's working
fine.

>> We can depend on it, I'm just wondering if there are any downsides. Since I'm not
experiencing anything weird I'm thinking about adding it.

>> Just want to mention it's not an error.
>

> Thats weird. My management server refused to start till I had installed libtcnative-1.
I'll be doing a clean reinstall again soon. Will report back if I observe the same behaviour
on a clean precise install.

Replying to my own post…

I think there was repo refresh earlier today. No issues with the new build on a new AWS instance
other than for a permission issue (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-218),
the management server came up properly presenting the first login wizard.

Regards.
@shankerbalan