From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: NFS mount options on primary storage
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2012 10:03:17 GMT
On 09/20/2012 05:37 PM, Roland Kool wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Hopefully this is the correct place to ask this, if not, my apologies.
>
> On a CS 3.0.2 setup using KVM on RHEL6 and NFS as primary storage, we noted some strange
behaviour when it comes down to the NFS mount options for the primary storage.

> When a hypervisor is booted, the primary storage is mounted using the default mount options
as configured in /etc/nfsmount.conf. However, when we shutdown the agent, manually unmount
the primary storage and start the cloud agent again, the primary storage is mounted using
some hardcoded values (in our case the NFS mount becomes a soft mount, in stead of hard and
the timeo and retrans settings change).

> After some digging, we found that the script /usr/lib64/cloud/agent/scripts/vm/hypervisor/kvm/kvmheartbeat.sh
is responsible for that (the mountoptions are hardcoded there).

> My question is: what's the reasoning behind this? Is this a bug or leftover? Or is this
by design and if so, why are these settings now always enforced?

This is a leftover and legacy. You're right that you should be able to
specify your own NFS mount options.

As the number of storage pool options in CloudStack is expanding we are
looking at a refactor of the storage code, one of the things is that
these kind of options can be submitted by the admin.

So yes, it's on our radar, we haven't been able to look at this yet though.

Wido