From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: fail to install MS on UBuntu12.04
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 12:23:35 GMT
On 09/11/2012 12:16 PM, Suresh Sadhu wrote:
> HI All,
>
> Installer fail to read the cloud packages  and MS installation on Ubuntu 12.04 was not
successful(No packages were installed) Raised a blocker bug.
> Please find the issue details in the below mentioned issue:

I'd like to bring this up again, do we REALLY want this install.sh script?

When manually installing the packages with dpkg you have to resolve all
the dependencies manually.

If we had a Ubuntu/Debian repo like I created on
http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/ we could just "apt-get install" all the
packages we need.

Imho there is no role for install.sh here.

Wido