From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: IRC Meeting Times
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 21:21:09 GMT

On 09/06/2012 09:34 PM, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Last week, Wido raised a good point - that Friday 19:00UTC was not
> working out for folks in Europe, as "that's normally the time when you
> start to attend to your social life." He proposed moving the meetings to
> Wednesdays or Thursdays, and at 21:00UTC instead.
>
> (That'd be 2 p.m. Pacific, 5 p.m. Eastern)
>
> Moving the meeting to Wednesday or Thursday, and alternating between
> 19:00 and 21:00 UTC seems reasonable to me. (Note - pick Wednesday *or*
> Thursday, please)
>
> Thoughts, comments, etc.?

The reason I'm opting for 21:00 UTC is that it's after dinner.

I think most Europeans leave the office somewhere between 17:00 and
18:00, drive home and get some dinner.

That makes 19:00 difficult for me. So 21:00 is a better time.

My preference goes to Wednesday as well for the reason Alex mentioned.

I'd not rotate times, as that will confuse people.

Wido