From Robert Schweikert <rjsch...@suse.com>
Subject Re: IRC Meeting Times
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 19:59:35 GMT
On 09/06/2012 03:34 PM, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Last week, Wido raised a good point - that Friday 19:00UTC was not
> working out for folks in Europe, as "that's normally the time when you
> start to attend to your social life." He proposed moving the meetings to
> Wednesdays or Thursdays, and at 21:00UTC instead.
>
> (That'd be 2 p.m. Pacific, 5 p.m. Eastern)
>
> Moving the meeting to Wednesday or Thursday, and alternating between
> 19:00 and 21:00 UTC seems reasonable to me. (Note - pick Wednesday *or*
> Thursday, please)
>
> Thoughts, comments, etc.?

In the openSUSE project we've come to the realization that alternate
times did not work as people could never reliably remember at what time
the meeting was being held in any given week.

One thing to combat this issue would be to set up a calendar on the
project web site that people can import into their calendar client via
ICS (iCalendar). The calendar would be useful even if we just stick to
one time slot instead of alternating.

My $0.02
Robert

Tech Lead