From Abhinav Roy <abhinav....@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Query regarding createUser API
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2012 12:11:39 GMT
Thanks a lot Prasanna. I will take this as the expected behavior.

-----Original Message-----
From: Prasanna Santhanam [mailto:prasanna.santhanam@citrix.com]
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2012 5:30 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Query regarding createUser API

> If we pass the following parameters with the API Email Firstname
> Lastname Username Password
>
> And not pass the 'account' parameter (or keep the 'account' parameter
> as blank) then ,
>
> Should the user be created taking the account name same as the
> username? (because this is the behavior as per the API Docs.) Or it should just return
an error asking for the missing  'account' parameter.?

For expected behaviour - account parameter should be required argument IMO. We can have different
accounts with the same username and it will cause confusions if accounts are as below.

Consider:
	Account: JohnSmith, User : JohnSmith
	Account: JohnS,  User: JohnSmith

User might intend to be registering into JohnS while registration fails for account JohnSmith.

--
Prasanna.,