From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: [ASFCS40] Release Candidate Status
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 14:02:07 GMT

On 07-Sep-2012, at 6:50 PM, Chip Childers <chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 12:33 AM, Rajesh Battala
> <rajesh.battala@citrix.com> wrote:

VM.  I'm getting this error during ./waf deb:

>> incubator-cloudstack/artifacts/debbuild/cloud-4.0/build/build-aws-api.xml:34:
>> taskdef class org.apache.axis2.tool.ant.AntCodegenTask cannot be found
>>
>> [Rajesh Battala]
>> Ant broken. Can you try building other components by commenting build-aws-api.xml
in build.xml

> Based on the latest master, and talking with Wido, the correct build
> process for a deb package is now:
>
> mvn install -P deps && dpkg-buildpackage

WIki updated: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Building+with+Maven#BuildingwithMaven-BuildingDEBpackages

Temporary build process on asf master as suggested by Edison on IRC:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Building+with+Maven#BuildingwithMaven-TemporaryBuildProcessonASFMaster

Though I keep getting error, in compile-kvm: http://pastebin.com/Zdx1vGVw

Regards,
Rohit

> Wido's updating the wiki shortly.
>

>> Edison is working to get jenkins.cloudstack.org to product the nice installer scripts
/ package tarball distros that CS has previously been publishing.  I think that's still a
work-in-progress, and my personal preference for how to get the binary build artifacts to
be part of a release process.

>> I'm signing off for the night, but I'll check in first thing tomorrow morning (around
9 AM Eastern US time) to see if we can use either a Jenkins build artifact or a manual (local
to me) build process to generate the binary release artifacts.  Once I get a decent binary
release artifact to sign and post, I'll concurrently do the process for the source distro
as well.

>> My plan is to post the unofficial release candidates to people.apache.org/~chipchilders/cloudstack/something...
 We can't use the official ASF distro svn tree yet, since that requires a PPMC vote, and we're
not done with the licensing issues.