From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [AFSCS40] Release status for CS 4.0
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 03:13:53 GMT
Alex,

I've been cutting "RC" source code bundles, and have been numbering
them as RCx (Wednesday will be RC3).

Do you think I should switch to a more informal scheme until we have
something to vote on officially?

- chip

Sent from my iPhone.

On Sep 24, 2012, at 10:27 PM, Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've been reminded that I've neglected to update the community on the current status
for CloudStack 4.0.  I apologize for that oversight.  From now til the actual release, I will
give a daily update on the status.  If you feel anything is missing, please let me know and
I'll try to include them on the next update.

> Summary
> As of 9/24/2012, CloudStack 4.0 release has past code freeze stage (over three weeks
ago).  A source code branch has been forked and is called 4.0.  Nightly build is running on
Jenkins on the 4.0 build.

> Feature List
> There are two features that missed the 4.0 release.  Auto-Scaling and Brocade Plugin.
 Both are due to having significant code changes due past the code freeze date.

> Code Readiness
> - There are ~5 code related reviews on the review board scheduled for 4.0.  Most of them
are waiting for review and commit.
> - There are <10 bugs on Jira for the first cut of the release.
> - Upgrade from previous versions is currently being worked on.  Scheduled to be done
by the end of the week.

> License Readiness
> - Majority of the VM configuration issues have been resolved.  There is one remaining
wrt rsyslog.conf.  Thanks to Chiradeep and Chip.
> - Technology export issues are still be worked on by David Nalley and AFS legal.  This
may be a blocking issue.
> - Licenses need auditing.
>
> Doc Readiness
> The current plan for docs is to write an INSTALL.TXT to give instructions on how to install
from source.  All docs will be generated to a living document that continues to improve past
the release.  The link to this living document is to be determined.

> TODO:  Docs need help on the new features in the 4.0 release.  Specifically we need help
with Niciria Integration and Caringo documentation.

> QA Status
> QA is proceeding through the test cycle.  It is currently at 45% of completion.  The
number of bugs generated from the tests have been minimum so the quality of the release currently
looks pretty good.