From Prasanna Santhanam <Prasanna.Santha...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: marvin live tests into master
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 07:11:19 GMT
On Thu, Sep 06, 2012 at 11:47:08AM -0400, David Nalley wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 6:15 AM, Prasanna Santhanam
> <prasanna.santhanam@citrix.com> wrote:
> > For the upcoming test phase live tests done by Marvin will be setup as
> > per https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-13
> >
> > The original authors of the test code have now submitted the ASF-ICLA to
> > the PPMC and I will be moving the tests into master over the next few
> > days. Holler if there are objections.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > --
> > Prasanna.,
>
> Prasanna:
>
> Thanks for bringing this to the list first. It will be awesome to see
> a large body of tests for CloudStack.

Thanks - It is in our interest to move this work to CloudStack for the
benefit of the community and for more participation.

> Can we at least see the body of tests before you merge it into master.
> I also think (at a minimum) that this needs to be submitted by the
> authors. Merely signing the CLA doesn't mean everything they've ever
> written is free game for us, only the contributions that they submit
> to the project. Also, if this is at all a large body of work developed
> elsewhere - it may trigger a need for us to run the submission through
> IP clearance.

The tests before CloudStack diverged from Citrix are still around in
the codebase (test/integration). The original authors' - Chirag /
Ashutosh -  commits are in the ASF git repo. We just haven't updated
them. With hardware dedicated to run the live tests, now would be a
good time to update them and have it setup.

We have permission from the authors. Any checkins that I move will
give due credit to them. I can have the authors raise a review request
if IP clearance is an issue. Or any alternate ASF process that this
might have to go through.

--
Prasanna.,