From John Kinsella <...@stratosec.co>
Subject strange commit last night
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 15:25:17 GMT
Guys - just noticed something strange happened with a commit last night where I added my PGP
key to the KEYS fileā€¦

(going into details in case this happens to others)
After adding my key and double-checking things, I committed the change but ran into ASF password
issues while trying to do the push to master. During the debugging of that I modified .git/config,
thinking I had a problem with trying to push to a read-only repo URL.  When I got home later
last night I realized it was password-related and pushed the changes out.

Looking at cloudstack-commits@ this morning, I see git turned the push into 2 commits - the
KEYS file and a "merge" to master, which I think is the result of the repo URL getting tweaked.
Two commits/pushes happened since I had committed my KEYS change, but git didn't ask me to
pull down those changes before doing the push, as it usually does.(lesson learned: always
do git pull before git push) It looks like no files were modified by the merge, other than
git metadata.

Open on suggestions if I should revert this, leave as is, or other...

Just wanted to bring this up in the spirt of transparency.

John