From "Kelceydamage@bbits" <kel...@bbits.ca>
Subject Re: Spawning VMs in bridged mode on KVM ( Cloudstack 3.0.2)
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2012 07:13:00 GMT
Also run "brctl show" from the hypervisor and note if there is an interface called eth{x}.0
attached to the bridge. If so, then check "cat /proc/net/vlan/config" and "cat /proc/net/vlan/eth{x}.0,
where x=interface number.

I'm curious how the system is interpreting the bridge.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 16, 2012, at 9:25 PM, citrix-dev <citrix-dev@clogeny.com> wrote:

> Hello Kelcey,
> I think i have identified the issue. It seems that Cloudstack is associating the VM's
interface with a non-existent bridge cloudVirBr0 instead of the cloudbr0 which it creates.
I figured it from the virsh dump xml :

>     <interface type='bridge'>
>       <mac address='06:66:e4:00:00:20'/>
>       <source bridge='cloudVirBr0'/>
>       <target dev='vnet7'/>
>       <model type='virtio'/>
>       <alias name='net0'/>
>       <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x03' function='0x0'/>
>     </interface>
>

> I grep'ped to the cloudstack config as well as database, i cannot seem to find any configuration
pointing to cloudVirBr0.

> It would be great if you can share your thoughts.
>
> --
> Regards, Kalpak
>
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 12:23 AM, citrix-dev <citrix-dev@clogeny.com> wrote:
> Hello Kelcey,
> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> I create the additional guest network and the another network interface gets added to
the VM, although the VM isnt accessible from either of the interfaces. On accessing the VM
from the console, i cannot seem ping anyone outside.