From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: Bug tracker: Re: [DISCUSS] - A must do tasks for the coming 1-2 months
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 02:18:09 GMT
On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 8:48 PM, Ewan Mellor <Ewan.Mellor@eu.citrix.com> wrote:
> [...]
not really useful.  A clean slate sounds best to me.  The old data will still be there if
people need it.

> Is there any need to redirect bugs.cloudstack.org though?  Wouldn't we just tell everyone
what the new URL is for the new project?  It's not like any of the URLs will redirect cleanly
anyway.

Well bugs.cs.o is going to go away in the long term. Besides, I want
things to be unmistakably clear to folks who visit what currently is
bugs.cs.o that it is read only and not send tons of messages asking
why the can't file bugs (as happened when we moved from bugs.cloud.com
to bugs.cloudstack.org) Maybe in the short term we load an
intermediate page announcing the change and have the page redirect
after some small reading time.
I suppose the existing instance will stay around at least till license
expiration, which should get us to April or May next year. We can
reevaluate then.
My expectation is that what is currently bugs.cs.o will become
read-only, and only exist for historical reasons, and we'd make the
url something that clearly denotes its deprecated state, perhaps
something like oldbugs.cloudstack.org.

--David