From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: ec2 API compatibility (WSDL vs Query)
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2012 03:09:14 GMT
On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 9:09 PM, Chiradeep Vittal
<Chiradeep.Vittal@citrix.com> wrote:
> It appears that the WSDL-based toolset is being deprecated by AWS [1].
>
> Currently the EC2 API layer implements both the WSDL interface as well as
> the Query API.
> However the Query API is not well tested.
> Furthermore the implemented WSDL is of 2010-08 vintage.
>
> Does it make sense to likewise deprecate the WSDL interface in the EC2 API
> compatibility module?
>
> IMO we should focus on the Query API since everybody else seems to use
> this mode (and now even AWS is deprecating it).

I agree - I hear similar rumblings from the Euca folks when I talk with them.

Besides, we still have this outstanding issue that Chip brought up:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-cloudstack-dev/201208.mbox/ajax/%3CCA%2B96GG4FYxxstCRnXBquZMj5OwpepL5jYPN7BxKo2vm0at%3DvPQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E