From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Binaries (jars) in our source tree/source releases.
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 22:18:53 GMT
On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 5:54 PM, Ewan Mellor <Ewan.Mellor@eu.citrix.com> wrote:
> [...]

IRC decision making is incredibly efficient.
It is also very exclusive, meaning you have to show up at a given
place and time that is certain to be inconvenient or impossible for
some/many to have your voice/vote heard.
The ASF didn't make this a secret - it's been a long standing policy
and was well known before we ever asked to be included as an incubator
project. ASF even has a motto of 'community over code' which in this
case might be better translated, 'community inclusion over process
efficiency'.

--David