From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: Bug tracker: Re: [DISCUSS] - A must do tasks for the coming 1-2 months
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2012 21:32:22 GMT
Hi Justin:

So currently, I am restoring the database and attachments to a set of
test machines.
I then delete any ticket that triggers a security level higher than
public or none.
Then use jira's XML export to export the bugs themselves.
And of course a separate archive of the attachments.
Then I provide a quick report generated by using grep looking for a
very long list of names and words up to the folks in Citrix who have
to sign off on the release of all of this data. The process time of
this tends to be pretty long, and I have the unstated goal of not
letting things get too out of sync. So can I provide a (what is now)
two week old data set and finish getting it clean, and released. Sure.
Does it provide the same level of value as I was hoping, I am
beginning to question that more and more.

--David