From Jessica Tomechak <jessica.tomec...@gmail.com>
Subject New wiki: Please add redirects when migrating content
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2012 21:01:40 GMT
Hello all,
I've noticed several people are starting to populate the new wiki which
David N set up at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Index. I applaud the
effort to have a clean, Apache CS-only wiki, replacing the old wiki that
mixed Apache CloudStack with proprietary Citrix CloudStack.

I've noticed this is leading to some duplicate pages that exist in both
wikis. Is there any reason not to instead create redirect links at the old
wiki? Like this:
http://wiki.cloudstack.org/display/TechPubs/How+to+Generate+CloudPlatform+API+Documentation
.

I think it's fair to ask Citrix folks to use the Apache CloudStack wiki for
everything except Citrix-specific info. Otherwise, the two sites will get
out of sync as people forget to make updates in both places.

If anyone has a better suggestion of how to do this, I'm very open to it!

Jessica T.
CloudStack Tech Pubs