From Jessica Tomechak <jessica.tomec...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack 4.0 KVM system requirements
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2012 00:31:25 GMT

Scientific Linux might have worked with 3.0.x, but it's not listed as a
supported OS in the documentation for setting up KVM hosts with CloudStack.

Fedora, on the other hand, was listed.

I'm looking at the section "KVM Installation and Configuration" in the
CloudStack 3.0.0 - 3.0.2 Advanced Installation Guide. It lists the
following. (btw, if anyone knows better download links, I'd be happy to
have them, especially for CentOS.)

* RHEL versions 5.5 – 5.x: https://access.redhat.com/downloads
* CentOS versions 5.5 – 5.x:
http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=15
* CentOS 6.0: http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=15
* Ubuntu 10.04: http://releases.ubuntu.com/lucid/
* Fedora 16: https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/publiclist/Fedora/14/

I'm working on adding the docs for KVM to the repo right now, so knowing
which OSs to list here would really help.

Thanks,

Jessica T.
CloudStack Tech Pubs