From Jamshid Afshar <jamshid.afs...@caringo.com>
Subject Re: Adding CAStor SDK jar
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 20:01:32 GMT
1) Is jmdns 2.1 on maven and is <groupId> "jmdns" correct? I created a
pom.xml to build our CAStorSDK.jar but get this error with that jmdns
dependency:

[WARNING] The POM for jmdns:jmdns:jar:2.1 is missing, no dependency
information available
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project CAStorSDK: Could not resolve
dependencies for project com.caringo.client:CAStorSDK:jar:1.3.1-CS40:
Failure to find jmdns:jmdns:jar:2.1 in
http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2 was cached in the local
repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update
interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]

If I use <groupId> "org.jvnet.hudson" it works.

2) How do I publish our CAStorSDK.jar (which is open source)  to maven
central? What's the <repository> url for Apache Maven Central? Do I
need any special credentials?

I tested with pom.xml publishing to a <repository>
file:///tmp/repository/maven2  and that worked -- "mvn deploy" created
the directory and contents. I could then reference that file system
repository in another pom.xml to build a simple app.

Thanks,
Jamshid

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 2:49 AM, Hugo Trippaers
<HTrippaers@schubergphilis.com> wrote:
> Hey Chiradeep,
>
> Jmdns is available from maven directly, so you can add the following piece to the dependency
list in the pom.xml:

> <dependency>
>   <groupId>jmdns</groupId>
>   <artifactId>jmdns</artifactId>
>   <version>2.1</version>
> </dependency>
>
> As CAstorSDK doesn't seem to be on maven, so in that case we have to tell the developer
to download it into the deps directory himself and we can add the following to the file install-non-oss.sh:

> mvn install:install-file -Dfile=CAStorSDK.jar     -DgroupId=com.cloud.castorsdk -DartifactId=castorsdk
-Dversion=1.0   -Dpackaging=jar

> And this to the pom.xml
>
> <dependency>
>   <groupId>com.cloud.castorsdk</groupId>
>   <artifactId>castorsdk</artifactId>
>   <version>1.0</version>
> </dependency>
>

> Cheers,
>
> Hugo

and adds a dependency to jmdns-2.1.jar As discussed in [2], these jars cannot be checked in.