From Jamshid Afshar <jamshi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Little help submitting a patch on 3.0.x branch
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 18:44:37 GMT
Thanks, https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-cloudstack.git
and your instructions made it clear. I switched to the apache git site
instead of git.cloud.com and to master instead of 3.0.x.

Btw I was using "git diff", but now I understand I need to "git
commit" my changes locally then "git format-patch -s master" to
generate a complete patch file.

The review request is https://reviews.apache.org/r/6473/. Already a
problem found -- license headers.

--Jamshid

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 12:05 PM, Pranav Saxena <pranav.saxena@citrix.com> wrote:
> Also I observed  that you are cloning the repository from git.cloud.com instead of the
Apache repository which is this (https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-cloudstack.git
). Clone it from here and checkout to master since 3.0.x is considered to be a dead branch
as David mentioned. Please go through this document once (http://wiki.cloudstack.org/display/dev/Git+workflow+in+the+brave+new+world
) and follow the procedure which I mentioned in my previous mail.

> Thanks,
> Pranav

you can go to the review board tool ( https://reviews.apache.org ) to create a new Review
request. You'll need to create your account here and then login to your dashboard.
> 2) To create a new service request , you need to do the following -
>      2.1) - Click on New Review Request
>      2.2) - Choose the repository as - cloudstack-git
>      2.3) - Upload your patch where the "Diff"  label is mentioned .  You can leave the
"Parent Diff" label empty and click on "Create Review Request".
> 3) Once this is done , you need to choose -
>      3.1) - Branch - The name of apache branch you are working on ( 3.0.x /Master)
>     3.2) - Specify the bug ticket number against "Bugs" label
>      3.3) - Choose groups as "cloustack" which will automatically send an email to cloudstack-dev
list for your patch review.
>      3.4) - Similarly you can specify specific people under the "Peoples" label , in
case you want anyone in particular to review your patch.
>      3.5) - Mention the details under the description , summary , Testing done  labels.
> 4) Finally click on publish to send the patch for review. You'll see an email being sent
to the cloudstack group , the specific people you added and yourself.

> Let me know in case you have any problems while submitting patches.
>
> Also can you please tell how have you created your patch ?
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Pranav

Board.

> I created my working directory from this repository and branch and I made my edits:
>
> git clone http://git.cloud.com/cloudstack-oss --branch 3.0.x
>
> If I choose "cloudstack-git" at https://reviews.apache.org/r/new/ and submit a diff file
(the output of "git diff"), it reports the error "The file 'awsapi/conf/cloud-bridge.properties'
(r08f5603) could not be found in the repository".