From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject License header update: Tuesday August 7
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2012 12:49:15 GMT
Here's today's update.  A couple of issues were sorted out, but many
remain.  Help would be appreciated!

Specific questions below for:  Prachi, Ewan, David, Alex, Chiradeep

Updated RAT report:
https://github.com/chipchilders/asf_cloudstack_RAT_results/blob/master/_all.txt?raw=true

Outstanding Issues:

  WAF scripts:
    We need to include WAF in the appropriate top level LICENSE and
NOTICE files:
    incubator-cloudstack/waf
    incubator-cloudstack/awsapi/waf

  EC2 WSDL files:
    Prachi removed some of these files, but there are 2 outstanding.
Prachi, can you remove these 2 as well?
    incubator-cloudstack/awsapi/resource/AmazonEC2/AmazonEC2.wsdl
    incubator-cloudstack/awsapi/resource/AmazonEC2/services.xml

  JQuery, FLOT, QUnit:
    We need to include the various JQuery components in the
appropriate top level LICENSE and NOTICE files:
    incubator-cloudstack/console-proxy/js/jquery.js
    incubator-cloudstack/ui/lib/jquery*
    incubator-cloudstack/ui/lib/flot/*
    incubator-cloudstack/ui/lib/jquery-ui/*
    incubator-cloudstack/ui/lib/qunit/*

  Documentation folder:
    Joe noted that he's currently working through this directory.
    incubator-cloudstack/docs/*

  XenServerJava:
    Ewan noted that the Citrix team is currently working to get this
re-licensed.  Ewan - any update on progress?
    incubator-cloudstack/deps/XenServerJava/GPL-2
    incubator-cloudstack/deps/XenServerJava/Makefile

  SLF4J:
    We need to include SLF4J in the appropriate top level LICENSE and
NOTICE files:
    incubator-cloudstack/deps/awsapi-lib/rampart-lib/slf4j-api-LICENSE.txt
    incubator-cloudstack/deps/awsapi-lib/rampart-lib/slf4j-jdk14-LICENSE.txt

  Patches folder:
    David is currently working through this.  Any help needed David?
    incubator-cloudstack/patches/*

  Patches in the OVM folder:
    I haven't heard back from anyone on what we can do with these patches:
    incubator-cloudstack/plugins/hypervisors/ovm/scripts/vm/hypervisor/ovm/Fixget_storage_reposExceptionDueToWrongReturnValueCheck.patch
    incubator-cloudstack/plugins/hypervisors/ovm/scripts/vm/hypervisor/ovm/OvmDontTouchOCFS2ClusterWhenAgentStart.patch
    incubator-cloudstack/plugins/hypervisors/ovm/scripts/vm/hypervisor/ovm/OvmPatch.patch

  Process folder to be moved to SVN:
    David noted that he would move this folder.
    incubator-cloudstack/project_admin/process/committerVote.txt

  Mockito:
    Alex and Chiradeep had conflicting opinions about removing this
folder from tools.  Can we get to an agreement about how to
disposition the Mockito folder within tools?
    incubator-cloudstack/tools/mockito/*

  Base64.java:
    This file is in the public domain (see the header), but we need to
attribute the author:
    incubator-cloudstack/utils/src/com/cloud/utils/encoding/Base64.java

  Sun Licenses:
    These files are potentially a problem.  They are either CDDL or
GPL.  GPL is not allowed, and CDDL will require discussion.
    incubator-cloudstack/utils/src/javax/ejb/Local.java
    incubator-cloudstack/utils/src/javax/persistence/AssociationOverride.java
    incubator-cloudstack/utils/src/javax/persistence/AssociationOverrides.java

Known Exceptions (items that we know can't have a license header, and
don't need one):

  Deb files:
    incubator-cloudstack/awsapi/packages/config/debian/control
    incubator-cloudstack/awsapi/packages/config/debian/rules
    incubator-cloudstack/debian/compat
    incubator-cloudstack/debian/control
    incubator-cloudstack/debian/dirs
    incubator-cloudstack/debian/rules

  Certificates and keys:
    incubator-cloudstack/console-proxy/certs/localhost.crt
    incubator-cloudstack/console-proxy/certs/localhost.key
    incubator-cloudstack/console-proxy/certs/realhostip.crt
    incubator-cloudstack/console-proxy/certs/realhostip.csr
    incubator-cloudstack/console-proxy/certs/realhostip.key
    incubator-cloudstack/scripts/vm/systemvm/id_rsa.cloud