From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: License headers for the debian folder
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2012 14:22:55 GMT
On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 10:18 AM, Wido den Hollander <wido@widodh.nl> wrote:
> On 08/02/2012 04:12 PM, Chip Childers wrote:
>>
>> We are good to go with this folder.
>>
>> RAT report here:
>>
>> https://raw.github.com/chipchilders/asf_cloudstack_RAT_results/master/debian.txt
>>
>> The only exceptions are debian packaging files that don't support
>> commenting (AFAIK).
>

> Do we really need licenses in these files? Sounds to me like a bit of "over
> licensing".
>
> These are just files to build the Debian packages with.
>
> Wido

I'm assuming that we don't, but I'm just reporting what I can't easily
fix as I go.

My assumption is that we'll eventually get to a baseline level of
"compliance" that includes a number of known exceptions within the RAT
reports.  These would be some of those exceptions.  Another example:
the certificate and key files.

Once I get through all of the directories, we'll have a clear picture
of (1) what are the outstanding issues that have to be dealt with, and
(2) what are the "expected exceptions" that we'll agree to leave
alone.

Fair?

-chip