From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: Official ASF process for re-writing code?
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 13:09:36 GMT
On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 4:50 AM, Hugo Trippaers
<HTrippaers@schubergphilis.com> wrote:
> Heya ,
>
> I've been looking into this. The XTrustProvider class is also part of the cloud-iControl.jar.
Where do we get the jar from?

> So far I've not yet been able to get the library to throw certificate validation errors
even when disabling the line in configure with the XTrustProvider. Digging into this, it's
because the Interfaces class in the iControl jar also calls  XTrustProvider.install().

> In any case we can remove the XTtrustProvider from "our" sources and remove the line
from configure in F5BigIpResource.

> Would that satisfy the license stuff?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Hugo

I think that would satisfy the source code licensing issue (and allow
us to close the bug).  The cloud-iControl.jar file is an issue, but
other threads are about working through the binary dependencies.

If we can remove the XTrustProvider source file, that would be a good
step forward.

-chip